«5TH ASIA-EURO CONFERENCE 2014
in Tourism, Hospitality and Gastronomy
Creating Opportunities Through Innovation: The Future of Tourism and Hospitality in Asia
In conjunction with:
Association Internationale Des Sociologues De Langue Française (AISLF);
4th Responsible Rural Tourism Symposium (RRTS) 2014; and
7th Graduate Research Colloquium (GRC) 2014
Date: 19-21 May 2014
Venue: Taylor’s University, Lakeside Campus, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR PAPERS
Taylor’s University, School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts and University of Toulouse (Université de Toulouse II Le Mirail) are proudly announcing the “5th Asia-Euro Conference 2014” to be organized by Taylor’s University, Subang Jaya, Malaysia.
Call For Papers
The conference will focus on a broad range of topics related to tourism, hospitality and gastronomy. The conference organizers invite papers, abstracts and presentations relevant to the theme of the conference “Creating Opportunities Through Innovation: The Future of Tourism and Hospitality in Asia”. Papers are also invited in the sub themes of:
- Anthropology of tourism
- Anthropology of food & gastronomy
- Architecture & design in tourism, hotel & food services
- Crisis management
- Cultural Studies
- Customer experience
- Development processes
- Economic impacts
- Education and training
- Environmental resources & impacts
- Food studies and food security
- Hotel & foodservice engineering
- Human resources
- New forms of tourism (e.g. volunteering tourism, space tourism, virtual tourism, social tourism etc.)
- New markets
- New methodological approaches
- Product development
- Public sector
- Real estate & investment
- Regulations & management
- Rural tourism
- Safety & security
- Service quality
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Sociology of food
- Sociology of tourism
- Strategies, processes & benchmarking
- Sustainable & responsible tourism practices
- Tourism policies
- Tourist behaviour
- Travel trends & flows
- Recreation and sports
Who Should Attend?
· Academics and educators in tourism/hospitality fields
· Managers of hotels/restaurants/tourism businesses
· Trainers in tourism/hospitality/restaurant fields
· Tourism/hospitality researchers and industry consultants
· Interregional organisations with interest in tourism/hospitality industry
· Administrators of tourism/hospitality management educational programs
· Tourism/hospitality/ restaurant industry executives and representatives of multinational firms
· Financial institutions and tourism industry investors
· Tourism policy makers and national tourism organisation directors
· Students in tourism/ hospitality management
· Abstracts (three (3) pages extended abstract, typed, single-spaced and maximum 1,500 words) should be submitted for review and selection.
· The abstracts should summarize the key points of the paper and with a maximum of 6 keywords that define the subject matter.
· The paper is reviewed based on the quality of the abstract. Thus, ensure a complete abstract is submitted.
· Authors should write their name and indicate their affiliation (e.g. university name, country) only below the title of the paper.
· Abstracts must be submitted using the Easychair system https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=asiaeuro2014
· All the abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Paper Review Committee and authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit full papers through the above link.
Deadlines for Submission
Abstracts (3 page extended abstract) Submission: 31 January 2014
Full Paper Submission: 21 April, 2014
· Once the abstract is accepted, at least one of the authors must register and present the paper at the Conference.
· Camera ready versions of the accepted papers will be distributed to all the conference delegates via CD-ROM (with ISBN) or USB drive.
· Best papers will be competitively selected and authors will be acknowledged with a plaque and certificate.
· Selected papers will be considered for publication in Sponsor Journals of the Conference.
Ms. Cindy Lee Ker Hui, Conference Secretariat
School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, Taylor’s University, Lakeside Campus, No. 1, Jalan Taylor’s, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: +603-56295000; Fax: +603-56295001www.taylors.edu.my/tchtevents2014/asiaeuro»
(reprodução parcial de mensagem que me caiu entretanto na caixa de correio eletrónico, reenviada por Paula Cristina Remoaldo)