«On 21 and 22 May 2012, the Special Interest Group 2 (Ports and Maritime) of the World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS), co-chaired by Prof. Eddy Van de Voorde (Department of Transport and Regional Economics - University of Antwerp / TransportNET) and Prof. Enrico Musso (Department of Quantitative Methods - University of Genova / TransportNET), will host a two-day international conference under the title ‘Key Developments in the Port and Maritime Sector’. It will be held at the Department of Transport and Regional Economics, University of Antwerp, Belgium.
The conference will be open to free submissions of any interested academic or business responsible active in the maritime and port field. Abstracts should be one page long, including full affiliation and should deal with a topic that can be considered to be at current a key development in the port and maritime business, either at management, operational or policy level. Specific topics can be either in the field of maritime, port or hinterland economics, environmental issues, maritime engineering, investment and finance, cost optimisation, chain optimisation, human resources and employment and legal issues. From the conference, a selection of papers will be made for joint publication in a number of scientific journals.
This conference is therefore not just a conference, but has a number of specific features.
* Finished research and as well ‘research in process’ can be presented and discussed;
* A meeting between scientists and practitioners;
* Stress on interdisciplinarity, i.e. all disciplines will be treated (engineering, economy, legal, mathematic,…);
* The subject is about theory and empiry, secondly derived products;
* New research areas and business opportunities will be dealt with.
The schedule of the conference is the following:
* Abstract: December 15, 2011
* Decision concerning abstract: January 20, 2012
* Full paper (if ready and to be considered for publication): April 15, 2012.
Abstract submission is possible through the abstract submission page. If you have not received a confirmation within two days after your submission, please retry your submission.
More practical details on the conference will be communicated upon registration. Conference participation will include access to all sessions, a technical visit, all public conference catering and library and other facilities.»
(reprodução parcial de mensagem que me caiu entretanto na caixa de correio electrónico, proveniente da entidade identificada)